epa lead-safe certified
- Lead based paint is a major source of lead poisoning in children and can affect adults as well.
- Lead in paints, typically in older homes, can be ingested and/or inhaled through lead dust that is created as paint "chalks," chips, or peels from deteriorated surfaces.
- Even walking on small paint chips found on the floor, or opening and closing a painted frame window, can also create lead dust.
This is why we, at D.J.’s Painting & Remodeling, have taken the extra step to give you assurance and confidence in the safety of your family or your employees by attaining certification through the EPA as a Lead-Safe Certified Firm! We go the extra step, take specific precautions and pay special attention to what we do and HOW we do it so you can feel confident you are not only receiving the best service, and the most professional job, but also the safest for all involved.
As of April 2010, the federal law requires all contractors to be certified and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination if they disturb lead-based paint home and child care facilities and schools built before 1978. Failure to act in accordance with these laws can lead to civil penalties up to $10,000 for each violation.
To download a brochure to learn more about basic facts of lead and YOUR health, visit the EPA's guide to renovate right at: